Contract Works

Contract Works

What is contract works insurance?

When you’re working on a construction site, plenty of things can go wrong. Damage or loss to a building could cost you time, money and even your reputation. Meanwhile, an onsite injury can result in considerable pain, stress and financial loss.

That’s why having the right amount and type of contract works insurance is an important part of your business toolkit, allowing you to get on with the job with less stress and worry.

What can it cover?

Contract works insurance can cover the building which is under construction, whether it’s a kit home, straw bale or mud brick home, multistory apartment or commercial buildings. It can also cover the equipment used in construction, as well as public liability risk.

Depending on your policy, contract works insurance can cover you against:

Type of CoverPotential benefits
Property damagePhysical loss or destruction of tangible property, plant and equipment as well as removal of debris.
Public liabilitySub-contractor liability, products liability and cross liability.
Product liability (only available from some insurers) Third party personal injury or property damage resulting from an occurrence caused by your products after they cease to be in your possession or control.
Legal Expenses / defence costsLegal costs and expenses you are legally liable to pay following legal proceedings brought by or against you.
Existing structures (optional cover)Sudden and accidental physical damage to existing structures caused by natural events and the actions of the builder or contractor.